Exercise should be prescribed to all cancer patients, and not to do so would be harmful, some of Australia’s leading experts on cancer have warned.
The Clinical Oncology Society of Australia has launched its position statement on the role of exercise alongside surgery, chemotherapy or radiation in cancer care.
Endorsed by a group of 25 influential health and cancer organisations, including Cancer Council Australia, it is the first researcher-led push anywhere in the world for exercise to be an essential component of treatment.
Dr Jonathan D Moch
(psychiatrist) founder and director: flip365 and Health is Brain Health
- Dr Moch is a University of the Witwatersrand trained scientist, medical doctor and psychiatrist, beginning in 1977.
- He was director of the Stress Reduction Clinic at Milpark Hospital for 15 years.
- Dr Moch assessed and treated thousands of dysfunctional inpatients from debilitating stress related illnesses.
- For the past six years he teaches groups of inpatients suffering from severe depression, PTSD, and addiction – everyday from Sunday until Friday at Akeso Psychiatric Clinics.
- He consults regularly to the state and private sector.
- Examples of his clients include Department of Foreign Affairs, Investec, Ernst and Young, Alexander Forbes, Netcare, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, a few examples of at least 80 such institutions.
- A highlight was teaching at Oxford University, England.
- Dr Moch has written five books, over 20 monographs, and facilitated over five thousand group sessions, locally and abroad.
- He contributes regularly to all levels of the media, and regular community outreach is a way of expressing gratitude for his blessings.
- Now, Dr Moch completely dedicates his wide berth of resources to maximizing brain health.
- And becoming a master teacher of the 22 NeuroPlastic techniques to the hundreds of thousands suffering from Burnout, depression, addiction and anxiety, and as a preventative intervention to chronic brain illnesses
- His core driving belief is that a growth mindset is key to success in life.